Eating colorful foods every day is a fun, easy, and delicious way to make sure we are getting our daily dose of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and fiber). In honor of National Nutrition Month, here are some examples of how to eat a rainbow of fruits and vegetables:
- Purple and blue foods like blueberries, grapes, and eggplants help with memory.
- To keep hearts strong, pick out red foods like beets, raspberries, red peppers, and strawberries.
- Orange foods like carrots, squashes and sweet potatoes help to keep our vision strong and eagle eye sharp.
- Beautiful leafy greens like kale, cilantro, and spinach keep bones strong and iron levels high.
The list of benefits that consuming colorful foods can provide is endless, and by eating them we know that we are giving our bodies the fuel we all need.
- Aim to eat two cups of fruit a day and three cups of veggies every day.