The Children’s Aid’s 18th Annual Golf Classic was indeed a classic, with nearly 100 golfers teeing off on May 15 at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, NJ, all in the name of making sure young people and their families can realize their potential.
After a challenging round of golf on one of the nation’s most esteemed courses—host of the 2016 PGA Championship—the players (among them former New York Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick) convened in the clubhouse’s Terrace Room for a cocktail reception, awards ceremony, and live auction. Children’s Aid President and CEO Phoebe Boyer thanked the golfers for their commitment and shared how the Golf Classic raises critical funds to help advance our mission. Phoebe then introduced Christa Hill, one of the beneficiaries of last year’s Golf Classic scholarships, who is just finishing her first year of college. Christa is a true Children’s Aid success story, and her message of thanks helped relay the impact that a day of golf can have on the life of a young person.
Next, Bruce Beck, 20-year lead sports anchor for WNBC-TV and eight-time New York Emmy award winner returned once again this year to serve as our auctioneer and help raise even more funds for the Children’s Aid Path to College Success scholarship program.
This year the Golf Classic raised an impressive $242,000—funds that will bolster Children’s Aid’s vision for the youth we serve, helping to set them on the path to a lifetime of success. This year’s event was made possible by the incredible support of Accenture, our Founding Sponsor, and countless other generous companies and individuals who have supported this nearly two decades-old event. A special shout out goes to Aston Martin, our Shootout Sponsor, BMW of Springfield, our Hole-in-One Sponsor, and Navnit Patel, our volunteer photographer. And finally, Children’s Aid extends its deepest thanks to the dedication of our Golf Classic Host Committee, which is co-chaired by Jon Harrington and Mark Allen, and also counts Scott Alfieri, Chris Brady, Clint Factor, Brad Gruby, Russel Hamilton, Pat Housen, and Susan Pikitch among its members.
And finally, a hearty congratulations to our contest and tournament winners, as follows:
- Closest to the Pin Hole #4 Winner: Brian Madden
- Closest to the Pin Hole #9 Winner: John McHugh
- Closest to the Pin Hole #12 Winner: Mike Roscigno
- Closest to the Pin Hole #16 Winner: Ted Bourke
- 4th Place Net Winners: Scott Alfieri, Kyle Malady, Miguel Myhrer, Joe Russo
- 3rd Place Net Winners: Mark Allen, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rich Miller, Rich Hummers
- 2nd Place Net Winners: Arjun Bedi, Jazz Toboccowalla, Henrik Vestergard, Ben Rhee
- 1st Place Net Winners: Joe McMahon, Andy Drecshler, Joe Lacava, Chris Cavanaugh
- 1st Place Gross Winners: John Crowles, Jim Bradbeer, Mike Brown, Matt Saker
Thank you once again to all of our supporters this year. None of this would be possible without you. We can’t wait to see you next year!